The Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award
- Entrants must be 18 years or over by 1 September 2018.
- Entry is open to everyone; locally, nationally and internationally.
- Entries must be in the entrant’s own name/names.
- Entries must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or won a prize.
- Entries can be on any theme or subject but must be original and written in English. They must also be for adult readers. Non-fiction and fiction written for children is not eligible.
- Simultaneous submission is permitted. Should your flash fiction win a prize or be published elsewhere, please let us know so that we may remove your entry from the current Award.
- No refunds are issued.
- Authors retain full worldwide copyright throughout.
- Maximum length is 250 words, title excluded.
- Entries should be typed in a plain legible font.
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously. Do not put your name, address, email, telephone number or any personally identifying information on any page.
- If the piece has no title, then its first five words must be used as the title.
- Acceptable file types are doc, docx, txt and pdf.
- The file name must be the title of your piece, punctuation removed. If your piece does not have a title, then the file name must be its first five words, punctuation removed.
- Entry is via the online form with attachment. We do not accept postal entries.
- No corrections or alterations can be made after entries have been received.
- Entry is open from 1 February 2018 to 30 April 2018
- There is no limit to the number of entries any single entrant may make.
- Entries will be acknowledged.
- The entry fee is £5 per story.
- Submissions must be paid for via donation to the Flash Fiction Award Fund on the Charities Aid Foundation website. This page is administered through the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust.
- The winner of the Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award will be notified in August 2018.
- The winner will receive:
- Trophy commemorating the Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award Winner 2018
- £500 cash award
- Invitation to participate in the Scottish Arts Club Short Story Awards Dinner to be held on Saturday 29 September 2018 at the Scottish Arts Club in Edinburgh.
- Publication in our first anthology
- A dedicated page to promote your writing through our new website.
- The announcement of the winner will be on our website, via Facebook, Twitter, and through our newsletter issued in August 2018.
- At least two works will receive commendations and publication on our website.
- Entry constitutes acceptance of all Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award Rules, Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Policies.
- Entries that fail to comply with rules, terms and conditions, privacy policies and requirements will be disqualified.
- No correspondence can be entered into, Judges’ decisions are final.