The Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award
- Entrants must be 18 years or over by 1 September 2018.
- Entry is open to everyone; locally, nationally and internationally.
- Entries must be in the entrant’s own name/names.
- Entries must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or won a prize.
- Entries can be on any theme or subject but must be original and written in English. They must also be for adult readers. Non-fiction and fiction written for children is not eligible.
- Simultaneous submission is permitted. Should your flash fiction win a prize or be published elsewhere, please let us know so that we may remove your entry from the current Award.
- No refunds are issued.
- Authors retain full worldwide copyright throughout.
- Maximum length is 250 words, title excluded.
- Entries should be typed in a plain legible font.
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously. Do not put your name, address, email, telephone number or any personally identifying information on any page.
- If the piece has no title, then its first five words must be used as the title.
- Acceptable file types are doc, docx, txt and pdf.
- The file name must be the title of your piece, punctuation removed. If your piece does not have a title, then the file name must be its first five words, punctuation removed.
- Entry is via the online form with attachment. We do not accept postal entries.
- No corrections or alterations can be made after entries have been received.
- Entry is open from 1 February 2018 to 30 April 2018
- There is no limit to the number of entries any single entrant may make.
- Entries will be acknowledged.
- The entry fee is £5 per story.
- Submissions must be paid for via donation to the Flash Fiction Award Fund on the Charities Aid Foundation website. This page is administered through the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust.
- When making your payment you will be given the option to opt out from further contact. DO NOT TICK THIS BOX. You must allow further contact so that we can inform you that your payment has been received and linked with your story.
- The winner of the Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award will be notified in August 2018.
- The winner will receive:
- Trophy commemorating the Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award Winner 2018
- £500 cash award
- Invitation to participate in the Scottish Arts Club Short Story Awards Dinner to be held on Saturday 29 September 2018 at the Scottish Arts Club in Edinburgh.
- Publication in our first anthology
- A dedicated page to promote your writing through our new website.
- The announcement of the winner will be on our website, via Facebook, Twitter, and through our newsletter issued in August 2018.
- At least two works will receive commendations.
- Entry constitutes acceptance of all Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award Rules, Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Policies.
- Entries that fail to comply with rules, terms and conditions, privacy policies and requirements will be disqualified.
- No correspondence can be entered into, Judges’ decisions are final.