Enter the Edinburgh International Flash Fiction competition
1. read The Rules! here are the most important ones
- Make sure your story is 250 words or less. If it is one word over the limit it will be disqualified
- Make sure your name does not appear anywhere on your story. All judging is anonymous. Your story comes to use with your entry form. Both are assigned a number and there is no risk of losing track of who has sent which story.
- Your story should not have been previously published, online or in print.
- You may enter the same story in other competitions at the same time but if the story is selected for publication let us know so that we may withdraw it from our competition.
- The £500 prize is open to wrters worldwide.
- Your story can be on any topic.
BEFORE YOU PAY: some entrants have found the form does not display in full under certain condiditons. We are trying to recreate and fix the issue (it seems to be based on the form's 'height'), but for now, do scroll down to check that this page ends with a 'Submit' button, before paying or filling the form. If not, try widening your window or use a different browser (eg Firefox) or machine (eg tablet or pc instead of a smartphone). If all else fails, do not hesitate to send us a message via the 'Contact Us' page.
2. Pay the entry fee
Pay £5 per entry by donation to the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust. All funds paid to the Trust are used to support the the arts in Scotland. You may pay your fee(s) by credit/debit card, PayPal or by cheque.
To pay via credit/debit card or PayPal
Follow the link to pay £5 per story through the secure Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) website. Important:When making your donation please do not choose to remain completely anonymous. If you do choose to be anonymous we will not know who you are and will not be able to link your payment to your story. You may choose to have no further contact from us without choosing to be anonymous.
Clicking the button below will transfer you to the secure Charities Aid Foundation website
To pay by cheque
Payment by cheque is possible if it is drawn on a UK bank account. Make your cheque payable to the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust and for £5 per story entered. On the back of the cheque write your name and email address . Send to:
The Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Competition Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust, c/o 24 Rutland Square, Edinburgh EH1 2BW, UK
3. Complete the entry form and attach your story/stories
After sending your form please scroll up the page to see the acknowledgement. You will also receive a copy of your entry via email. Please get in touch with Dai at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your Flassh Fiction entry.